Summer is in full swing, and people are hoping to make the most of the weather and get out and about. If this is the case for you and you are lucky enough to have a garden, courtyard, veranda or balcony, you might well be looking for a terrace cover for home usage. If so, then you will be wanting to find out as much as you can before you buy, as terraces are a major investment for your home. Whilst they certainly aren’t cheap, they can bring so much value that they should be considered by every homeowner with some outdoor space going spare.
If you are in the market for some kind of terrace cover, then glass and polycarbonate are going to be your main options. You will need to choose between them before you have the terrace installed. Both come with their own benefits and can be a great decision for different people. Here is a brief summary:
Glass is the more premium choice for your terrace cover. Here are some of the reasons why it is popular:
- Clear vision. The light will look beautiful coming through your glass covering. You will have plenty of protection but will feel like you are completely in the outdoors.
- Less noise. If you want to sit outdoors in the rain, there will be less noise on a glass roofing structure.
- It is strong. This means you can install additional features, like sides and doors to make it feel more like a glass room. You could also hang lighting or heaters.
If you want a terrace cover but don’t have quite as big a budget, here are some of the ways in which you could benefit:
- Lower cost than glass. This makes the terrace covers more accessible to everyone.
- They are lighter. It is easier to install as a simple lean-to system because the polycarbonate covering is lightweight.
- There is easy rainwater drainage. The angle of the lean-to or covering will drain water away easily so it doesn’t pool and collect.
How can a roof terrace cover add to your lifestyle?
There are so many reasons why people install a terrace cover for home usage. Here are some of the most popular:
- To make more of the outdoors. You can enjoy your garden or courtyard as much as you like, with more protection from the weather. If you choose a glass structure and make it into more of an outdoor room, then you can have sides as well.
- Highly versatile. You can install covers of all shapes and sizes, and they will really complement your property. Choose the look and style you would like, as well as opting for a budget you are comfortable with.
- Have plenty of options for entertaining. You can have a seating area underneath your terrace cover and it will add to the aesthetic of your property. This gives you a protected space for dining and entertaining.
- Easy installation. It will be relatively quick and easy to install your terrace structure – much more so than a conservatory.